46 Recce corps

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Tania BurrowsTania

I have the war diary of 46 Recce corps if anyone with connection to recce would like a copy.

Frank de PlantaFrank de Planta
      Participant

Tania.

Excellent.  To be strictly correct, 46 Reconnaissance Regiment Royal Armoured Corps.

Regards

Frank

Tania BurrowsTania Burrows
      Participant

Thank you Frank

I have the war diary of the 46th Reconnaissance Regiment Royal Armoured Corps in word document format.

Richard ChallonerRichard Challoner
        Participant

Hello, my father served in the 46th Recce and I have some excerpts from the War Diary. May I ask what period your copy of the War Diary covers? If it covers 43-45 I would certainly be very grateful for a copy. All the best, Richard

Richard ChallonerRichard Challoner
      Participant

I was wondering if anyone has any photographs of the 46th Recce, particularly in North Africa and early on in Italy. Thus far I have only ever found one photo of my father, who at that time was Lt R.W. Challoner and would be thrilled if anyone has photos they could share which might have him in it. His commanding officer for much of the time was Colonel Cotton and the Adjutant was Major “Monkey” Neil or Neal. Thanks. Richard

Alistair TaylorAlistair Taylor
      Participant

Hi, Any chance of seeing the diary for 21/11/43? I had asked over on WW2talk and I got a reply pointing out this thread. I’m trying to find the details of the deaths of Troopers Richardson and Gunthorpe. Thanks Alistair

Dave FahyDave Fahy
      Participant

Hi Tania

Any possibility of me having a copy of the diary in Word format?

Regards

Dave

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>