67 Field Regt RA Italy 1944

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris HarrisChris Harris
      Participant

What happened to 67 Field Regiment RA After Rome.

Chris HarrisChris Harris

All Questions now answered.

No further assistance required.

Chris HarrisChris Harris

For info ref 67 Field Regt RA there is a considerable amount all in one box in Worcestershire Archives at The Hive Worcester. Anyone can go there but take proof of ID and current address to get a card to access the archives. A very friendly and helpful service.

Chris HarrisChris Harris
        Participant

I thought that I had all the available info to put together a comprehensive history of the Regiment and their successors 267 Field Regiment.
        However so many people are enquiring about them that I would welcome contact from anyone who’s relatives served with 67 FR or 267 FR.
        The more information that I get the broader the picture. I would happily share info or welcome cooperation in researching them.
        Particularly collating service records, photo’s and Letters.
        I have already deposited my collection regarding Lt. Bill Beadle (Hedley Noel Beadle) in Worcester Archives as they have an impressive collection regarding 67th Field Regiment from past members.
        The regiment was raised in Worcestershire but augmented by reservists at the outbreak of WW2 and the reorganisation at Fakenham after Dunkirk.
        The Archives provide a service to those wishing to study the Regiment now and in the future, ensuring that the documents are made available for posterity. They are far more physically accessible than the IWM (worth viewing their photo’s of Anzio and San Clemente on line) and National Archives at Kew but catalogued Nationally for researchers to find in the future. Unfortunately they don’t have digital files for online viewing at the moment.
        There is car parking next to the very modern and impressive Hive building with a café and study areas.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>