Any info on Billy Cotter

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Hi

I am looking for any information about my Grandfather William Cotter (Billy) born 10/10/1919 who served in the 8th army and saw action at El Alamein and Monte Cassino.

His service medals were stolen and I was also wondering if I could get replacements?

Many Thanks

Paul

Paul,
      Thankyou for posting your comment. I hope visitors to our site and members can help with information regarding your grandfather.
      With regard to replacement medals, yes there are many places where replacement medals can be bought, I would assume that you know which medals your grandfather had?
      If you contact me using the email address on the contact us page I will try and help you through the process.
      Regards,
      Robin

Hello, my father-in-law (deceased) served with the Eighth Army in Africa & Italy during WW2 (service number 65629).

My wife (his daughter) and I have been going through his belongings, when we came across his military medals and noticed that his Italy Star is missing. His 39-45 Service Medal, 39-45 Defence Medal and Africa Star are all present and correct, but we can’t find his Italy Star anywhere. Can you please advise and help?

David Winstanley

Hello, my father-in-law (deceased) served with the Eighth Army in Africa & Italy during WW2 (service number 65629).

My wife (his daughter) and I have been going through his belongings, when we came across his military medals and noticed that his Italy Star is missing. His 39-45 Service Medal, 39-45 Defence Medal and Africa Star are all present and correct, but we can’t find his Italy Star anywhere. Can you please advise and help?

David Winstanley

Dear Paul, My father was with the 1st Batt. Royal Fusiliers. Throughout N. Africa, Italy. I do hope you can trace your father’s Italy Star. Have you any more details so that it would be good to know that our fathers went through these campaigns together. My father survived the war but passed away in 1997. Get in touch if you wish. Good luck with your search.

Diana Lewis

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>