Father's Italian WWII record

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      JOHN Hathorn Cottage, Sherston Village nearJOHN WELCH

My father THOMAS (AKA Tom ; Tommy) WELCH was awarded the Italian Star his army number 788888 – our family have recently traced much of his army record ; he finished the war in the Royal Engineers as sapper Welch in the CMF Central Mediterranean Force his Unit was “Q” Mechanical Equipment Workshop PAR K COY (Company) – in 26/11/1944 he was tried by FGCM and was found guilty of stealing and being in possession of army equipment. Finding this out today is somewhat embarrassing he served about 6 months of the sentence and was released 89 days remission.
      He had served in the BEF in France 1939-40; and North Africa 8th Army. On demobbed in 1946 he was classed with a “good” army record. We have a photo copy of the record of his trial by FGCM but any advice on finding out the intriguing WD department equipment he was naughty guilty of possibly selling? I understand the Italian war was over by that time and dad may have been black mmarketiing stuff to send home to mum and my two sisters – I was born in 1952

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>