Mr

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi, I’m trying to trace my grandfather’s service history. I recently came into possession of his medals, one of which is the Italy Star. I have been told that he served in the SAS in Africa too, and there is an Africa Star present too, but I don’t know how much of this is true.

Any help or suggestions you might be able to offer would be hugely appreciated

Thanks

Vince Neale

Hi Vince, The best place to start is to contact the Army Records Office and apply for your Grandfathers service records. Please see the article titles ‘ Finding The Service Records of a Relative’. The forms are fairly straight forward, when completed send them with the fee and sit back and wait, it may take several weeks, but you will get a lot of useful information you can then follow up. Once you know more our members and their relatives and other viewers of this site will be in a better position to help. We would also welcome new members who have family connections to the Italian Campaign, there is a downloadable membership form on the ‘Contact Us’ page of the website.
      Good luck,
      Robin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>