My Fathers Journey thro Italy

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      keith lambertkeith lambert
      Participant

Hi there Im looking at my Fathers Journey through the second world war and particular Italy,
      He has an Italy Medal from 1942/1943 or so and I have his service number but know not the much else.
      He didn’t talk much about the war afterwards and after he died I have a load of photographs with him and his Pals.
      He was a gunner and drove a lorry towing a heavy gun, he was in africa prior to this time and most of the photos are in a very wet environment around the gun and lorry.
      his number was 1142564 Royal Artillery, A V Lambert.
      Hope some one might be able to point me in the right direction
      Keith Lambert

Frank de PlantaFrank de Planta

Keith.

You need to go to http://www.gov.uk and search for ‘Copy of a military Service Record’. That will tellyou how to order a copy from the MoD. That will tell you what units he was in. From there, it is all quite easy to work out.

Regards

Frank

Chris HarrisChris Harris
      Participant

Afternoon Keith,
      I cant promise to solve your query as you don’t say how big the gun was but if you drop me a line to radworthyboy@gmail.com I could have a look and maybe be of help. I am part of a group of enthusiastic researchers of the 67th Field Regiment RA (known as the Worcestershire gunners) who fought in the 1st Infantry Division in Tunisia and Italy.
      Frank de P is correct in suggesting that you apply for his service record but that will take time.
      A picture speaks a thousand words, or so they say.

Chris

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>