Paul Watts, 6th Light Field Ambulance

Welcome to the Italy Star Association 1943-1945 website Forums Lost Trails Paul Watts, 6th Light Field Ambulance

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

My father Paul Watts was a staff sergeant with 6th Light Field Ambulance which in turn was attached to a tank brigade. He was initially in Tunisia and then in Italy until January 1946. I have discovered over 300 letters written home between 1942 and 1946 and these give a very good account of life in Italy during that period but for censorship purposes no account of actions or locations. I would love to find someone or some document which would place the Light Field Ambulance by date as they moved north to the Austrian border. This would round off a story which was only disclosed on Paul’s death and the subsequent discovery of the letters.

I hope to go to the Tank Museum at Bovington next year to see if there is any record of the 6th LFA in Tunisia as I believe they were attached to the 21st Tank Brigade. If anyone has any knowledge of a convalescent camp set up in the Mountains of Tunisia I would love to talk to them as the letters tell of my father setting up a concert party to entertain the patients.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>