Tydvil Ronald James, searching for information.

Welcome to the Italy Star Association 1943-1945 website Forums Lost Trails Tydvil Ronald James, searching for information.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gaynor OwenGaynor Owen
      Participant

Hi, I’m looking for anyone who may have information, or may have known Tydvil Ronald James. Despite the fact that I grew up knowing this man to be my uncle, I never met him and have recently discovered that he may actually be my grandfather. As a family we know very little about him, I have cousins who have also never met him, but have researched him and come up with a little information and some details. One of the things my cousin, also an ex-serviceman, discovered is that Tydvil was the recipient of an Italy Star medal, a France and Germany Star and an African Star. We also know that he was a member of the SAS, but not whether any of the medals are related to his SAS service. So we are now praying that we can find out more about him from those he may have served with, since he seems to have left the family after my fathers birth in 1942. My father was born out of wedlock, then adopted by Annie Mary and Arthur Norris, Annie Mary was Tydvils mother. Sadly Tydvil died in 2004, his mother (my gran) died in 1987, and my dad died in 2009. The only family member alive who may know the truth is my aunt, Tydvils sister, who sadly has dementia. 🙁

Frank de PlantaFrank de Planta

Gaynor.

May I suggest that you post this information on the http://www.ww2talk.com website.

It is full of geeks who will probably be able to help.

Do you, by chance, have Tydvil’s Death Certificate?

Regards

Frank

Gaynor OwenGaynor Owen
      Participant

Hi Frank.

Thank you for the suggestion and the link, I shall have a look.

I have a picture of the death certificate that my cousin sent me, any good?

Regards, Gaynor.

Frank de PlantaFrank de Planta

Gaynor.

The Death Certificate will allow you to get his Service Record.

I see that you have logged on to http://www.ww2talk.com. A really good start.

Regards

Frank

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>