William Hollamby, Royal Artillery, and ACC

Welcome to the Italy Star Association 1943-1945 website Forums Lost Trails William Hollamby, Royal Artillery, and ACC

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi I am trying to trace any one who may have information on my father, William Hollamby (shown on the right in both of the above photographs) also known as Bill or Bubbles. These photograph’s are dated by hand as ‘September 45’.

His army number was 1797433 he was transferred to the Kings Own from HAA Btry RA.in late 1943 as a Bren Gunner. I know that at some stage during spring of 44 he was medically downgrades from A1 to B1 and it would appear transferred to the ACC. This was during the latter stages of the battle for Cassino.

After the end of the war in Europe he came back to the UK for three weeks before being sent back to Italy still with the ACC as part of the Bulgarian BMM, my mother told me that this was Refugee and POW feeding and repatriation.

Finally leaving the army in late 1946.

There are a lot of gaps in his army service if you could help fill some of them in we would appreciate it.

Robin

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
>