Reply To: Fathers war years in Italy

Frank de PlantaFrank de Planta


The best thing for you to do is to apply for his Service Record which is held at the Army Personnel Centre in Glasgow. If you go to and type in ‘How do I get hold of a Service Record’ it will show you how to apply.

That will establish exactly what units he was with during his time in the war. Once you know the units, you can get the War Diaries. If he got a BEM, you can get a copy of his citation too.



Frank de Planta
Battlefield Guide