Reply To: Help finding info about my Grandfather

Frank de PlantaFrank de Planta


You should start by obtaining a copy of your grandfather’s Service Record from the Army Personnel Centre in Glasgow.

Go to and type in ‘How do I obtain a Service Record’.  Follow the instructions.

His Service Record is a blow by blow account of his time in the Army.  Where he trained, what units he was in, where he was posted to and when he was discharged.