Reply To: Edward Collins -Driver 8th Royal Army Corps

Frank de PlantaFrank de Planta


To quote Chris Harris:

You will no doubt receive the good advice from others here to obtain his Army Service Record from
You will need a copy of his Death Cert or other proof that he is deceased which will then enable you to obtain a copy yourself as a relative. It will be £30 for the records which you will probably need advice to understand.

If you get stuck (I doubt you will) go to my thread Eyes and Ears of the Regiment for my email address.

From his Army Records you can then find out which unit he was in and obtain copies of their War Diaries from National Archives or other sites specialising in WW2.