Reply To: Eric Crow, Italy star


The best place to start is to apply for your grandfather’s service records. They are only available from the MOD in Glasgow and cost 30 pounds-money well spent. If you don’t know your grandfather’s service number, put his FULL date of birth on the form and make sure you ask for the full records. They will tell you which unit and where he served in the war. Link here:

Hope this helps